Edamame Mango Salad
Submitted by: Edie Shaw-Ewald, RD
Nutrition Tip: Other veggies such as cucumber, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, and zucchini would also work in this salad!
2 Tbsp lime juice
1Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
1 3/4 cup water
1 large mango, chopped
1/2 small red onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper chopped
1/2 cup chopped almonds or almond slices
1/2 cup raisins
1 cup edamame, thawed if frozen
1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
1. Add all dressing ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
2. Cook the quinoa in water, according to package directions. Let cool.
3. Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl including the cooked, cooled quinoa. Stir gently to combine.
4. Add the dressing and toss to combine.
5. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.